Sunday, March 24, 2013

Better and better

I QUIT MY JOB.
I feel like I kind of should be worried because, well, a job is kind of a great thing to have.
But if I had gone yesterday I would probably have come home and been fine. Then woken up today worried. And woken up tomorrow looking for reasons to flee the state, knowing I had an evening shift. And this would have continued day in and day out. Therefore, this is the better thing. And I feel better.

In other news, last night I had the great privilege of taking my (hopefully) someday little sister (and wonderful friend) to her first show at Velour. And what a night it was.

The evening began with Boots to the Moon, who is moving to Seattle, and he really was lovely. You could tell he really felt it and I've found that's what makes all the difference.
Polytype followed. They are the only "indie-electronic" band I've ever found myself comfortable listening to. Normally it's really off-putting for me but they left the vocalist's voice alone and that made it so beautiful. His voice is something I'd quite like to fall asleep listening to.
The evening ended with The Moth and The Flame; soon moving to the great Los Angeles for new adventures. Being in that same room with all these people, some I knew and some I didn't, was breathtaking. Music and really, for me, especially Velour is such an experience.
I felt so connected to everyone around me, to the band, to myself.
It's nights like those ones that remind what it means to be human; to be real.
How lovely is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment